Just in case you feel like reading about the Wii U, instead of listening to us be a little skeptical about in the podcast.
Nintendo’s next generation console, the Wii U, is being touted as a combination casual/hardcore gaming machine. Yes, we are getting ports of the more popular games, there will be a list below, and it’s a step away from casual gaming, but… it’s going to be interesting to see just what this machine does, considering what we know the Wii can already do.
The new “controller” will make this one of the most unique systems to date– and as Sam said, it’s not something you will be able to easily replicate with any other gaming system.
With the Wii U, Nintendo is dismissing friend’s codes. Multiple gamers in the house hold? Now you can have multiple accounts per Wii U. As mentioned above, a list of games that aren’t Nintendo only. A good thing? The game discs for the Wii U might hold up to 25gb of data. Huh!
- Darksiders 2
- Batman: Arkham City
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
- Lego City Stories
- Ghost Recon Online
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Metro: Last Light
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razer’s Edge
- Battlefield 3
- Army of Two
- 6.2″ 16:9 resistive touch screen, use your hands or a stylus
- Backwards compatible with all Wii Games, Wii Remotes, accessories
- Rumble features
- Trigger buttons, features traditional button controls, two analog Circle Pads. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons.Microphone, speakers, accelerometer, built in camera
- Play the game on your television, play it on the controller. Use the controller to have a second gaming window while you’re playing on the television. (The controller is not an independent gaming device.)
As far as the console goes.
- Launches: 2012
- Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance Board.
- Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
- Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
- CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.