X10 is the Microsoft-hosted media convention that we at 8 Days A Geek aren’t important enough to go to… yet. And we can’t afford to fly out there. Anyway!
Have a list, compiled with Google and a bunch of other sites, of what went on today:
- Dead Rising 2 will be out in the US on August 31. Japan and Europe will get it September 2 and September 3. Exclusive to the 360, there will be a downloadable/playable prologue, Dead Rising: CASE ZERO. It stars Chuck Greene, the hero of DR2, and connects the two games.
- The Halo Reach multiplayer Beta will be available May 3. Currently the Beta is only available through the ODST 3 disc.
- Fable 3 will be set in Albion once again, and the game development is up and running. The main character will be the son or daughter of the hero in Fable 2 (the Fable 2 game is importable, if you so wish, and makes only minor changes to the story of the game). Albion is now heavily industrialized and the denizens are not doing well, it’s up to you whether you change it or not. Check out Kotaku and Destructoid for more information. (Pee ess, no more health bar.)
- Left 4 Dead 2 DLC, “The Passing” campaign on the 360 and PC (sorry, PS3) will be out late next month. It will feature non-playable cameos of the original L4D cast, and the story is set in rural Georgia. There will be another DLC pack for Left For Dead (not L4D2) that explains the original four’s journey to Georgia. There will also be a digital comic that will connect the two DLC stories.
- The Final Fantasy XIII 360 Bundle will include a 250GB hard drive, two wireless controllers and the game, plus some exclusive avatar items. It will be available March 9th for $399. Above is the 360 faceplate that, apparently, will be very limited. It might be hard to get one.
- Modern Warfare 2 DLC ( for the 360) will be out this Spring. It will probably be maps, and it’s the first of a series of content packs that will go to the 360.
- The remastered version of the Nintendo 64 game Perfect Dark is coming in March 2010 to Xbox Live Arcade, along with Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal.