I am excite!
Seriously. I’m a Gears fanatic. I’ll fangirl over Gears any time it’s mentioned. But that’s beside the point.
Lead designer Cliff Bleszinski debuted the launch trailer for Gears of War 3 on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Marcus, Dom, Cole and Baird are all confirmed to be playable characters again, plus more on the way. Anya will also be introduced as a soldier. The interview with Cliff plus the launch trailer is all below. (The trailer starts at 3:10 and goes to 4:20.) The game is set to release in early April of 2011.
- Dom aged badly as a result of the last game.
- Anya is a soldier because COG is desperate and started recruiting females, while previously they didn’t because there were enough men and they wanted to women to stay alive so they could breed. There will be other female soldiers, probably. Basically, any and all able-bodied people are fighting.
- There will be a double barreled shotgun, and it will not replace the original.
- Gears of War 3 takes place 18 months after Gears 2.
- The weapon Anya hands to Dom in the debut trailer is called the “Pendulum Lancer.”
And most of you might not agree with me on this, but I really hope there’s another Carmine in the game.